Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

What a Summer!

Wow, I have been a very, very bad blogger this past season.

Let me try and catch you up.

My brain liquification took far longer than planned because of some dosage issues with the medications causing the mind-goo in the first place. Eventually, though, the fog started to lift and I even started to write (a bit!) again, mostly for the very very special cause of Alison Tyler's Smut Marathon.

...and then shit happened, as the old saying goes.  This summer was one of much family turmoil in many shapes and sizes finished off by a much-needed vacation in the internets-less wilderness.

But for now at least I am back, and actually occasionally writing in complete and gramatically correct sentences (can you tell that my brain was still partly gooey in the first round of the marathon? Bah, sentence structure is just for old fogies, right?)

My long list of family emergencies began just before round three of the marathon, when I had to very regretfully bow out. Coming up next, though, just for you dear readers, is the story that would have been entry three if things had been less chaotic.  I hope you enjoy!

-Mildly-less-mind-muddled Mad

3 comments:

  1. Wooh!

    It's so good to see you back. I'm glad you are feeling better and writing again and I'm looking forward to seeing your fiction.

    Also, thank you for commenting on Beautiful Monsters; I wasn't sure that anyone would like that one. ^_^ On a tangentially related note, if you would like to read/review my novella, Lord of Misrule, please let me know, and I'd be happy to send you a review copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madeline. I was sorry to see you drop out of the Smut Marathon, but I'm glad to see some of the goo's back where it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kannan - No can do marvellous smut-tress. My Kindle told me I must. have. it. now. as soon as it came out on the Kindle store, and she's the top in the relationship, doncha know?
    Lucky for me, too since I bought it just before I got a nasty stomach bug, and so I had it to curl up with in my misery. LOVED it, by the way (and not JUST because of the satisfaction of seeing Verity in even more misery than me!) I'll try and get a review up sometime in the next couple of days. Keep 'em coming!

    @Willsin - thanks :) I've finally hopped my way back into the writing saddle, and so who knows, maybe Alison will let me beg and plead my way into the Smut Marathon part deux! Congrats, by the way, on your very well deserved win in the Noir category. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete